Mac and cheese is a beloved comfort food that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s velvety, cheesy, and merely delicious. But what if we put a spin on this timeless meal by making it with rice as opposed to pasta? This rice mac and cheese recipe is a fascinating variant that makes sure to please your taste. Let’s dive in and find just how to make this mouthwatering dish.
2 mugs cooked rice (white or brown)
2 mugs shredded cheddar cheese
1 mug milk
2 tbsps butter
2 tablespoons versatile flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a big saucepan, melt the butter over tool warm. When thawed, mix in the flour and chef for 1 minute till the mixture turns slightly gold.
2. Slowly gather the milk while whisking continually to prevent lumps. Prepare for 2-3 mins till the blend thickens.
3. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to incorporate.
4. Minimize the heat to reduced and slowly include the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring until thawed and smooth.
5. Add the cooked rice to celebrity sauce and stir up until well layered. Cook for an extra 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to blend together.
6. Eliminate from warm and allow it sit for a couple of minutes to enlarge before offering.
This rice mac and cheese can be worked as a main dish or as a savory side. It pairs well with a crisp environment-friendly salad or some roasted vegetables. Feel free to obtain imaginative and add in some cooked bacon, diced tomatoes, or sliced spinach for additional flavor and nourishment.
So, the next time you’re yearning mac and cheese, give this rice variation a shot. It’s a delightful twist on a timeless favorite that will surely come to be a brand-new family fave. Appreciate!